Although most of my work has been in written form, I’ve also recorded several different video and audio works that I hope will make my ideas more accessible to you if reading isn’t your favorite way to learn.
The DVDs, developed for training purposes by the American Psychological Association and the American Counseling Association, offer some real-life examples of what happens when I put my theory into practice. If you find that you learn about psychotherapy by watching a therapist at work you may enjoy purchasing them. Feminist Therapy Over Time is my most recent APA psychotherapy video. In February 2016, APA will release a DVD of me conducting feminist supervision, Feminist psychotherapy model of supervision, as part of APA’s new Supervision Essentials series.
Psychotherapists face-to-face is a video interview I gave in 2010 about my work as a feminist therapist. It’s a free, more informal way of getting to know how I think about therapy. You can also listen to a talk I gave about working with trauma, a topic I’m passionate about: Can we create social justice? Toward an ethic of justice for trauma psychology, and to one I gave about how I’m integrating martial arts into my practice of self-care Finding my center: Martial arts on the way to Tikkun Olam.
Also on this page are some CE workshops that are available in audio or video form. They provide an easy way to learn from me while still at your own computer if coming to attend a workshop that I’m giving isn’t feasible for you. Those that qualify for CE credit are also listed on the CE Workshops and Courses page to make them easy to identify.
- Feminist therapy supervision
- Cultural competence in trauma treatment
- Psychotherapists face-to-face
- Feminist Therapy over time
- Working with men survivors of trauma and abuse
- Working with women survivors of trauma and abuse
- Feminist couples therapy
- Feminist Therapy
- Laura talks about fear and disempowerment as barriers to social action on Seattle’s public radio station
- Laura talks about being a trauma therapist on the West Coast Trauma Project podcast
- Laura talks about Your Turn for Care on The Mary Waldon Show
- 21st Century Cultural Competence
- Multiple identities in context of trauma: Increasing cultural competence
- Developing cultural competence in psychotherapy practice
- Can we create social justice? Toward an ethic of justice for trauma psychology
- Finding my center: Martial arts on the way to Tikkun Olam
- CE Workshops and Courses
- Your turn for care: Surviving the aging and death of the adults who harmed you – An audio sample chapter is available.