The talks, workshops and webinars listed in this section include any live appearances that I have currently scheduled. Those that offer CE credit are also listed on the CE Workshops and Courses page to make them easy to identify.
Upcoming on-site talks and workshops
I am somewhat chemically sensitive and made cognitively impaired by scents, including natural scents. Please plan to attend any workshops with me free of scents such as perfume, lotions, and clothing recently washed in scented detergent or fabric softener.
- Contextual trauma therapy for clients with complex trauma: Skill-building using a video recording (August 8, Chicago IL)
- Blending science and art in trauma therapy outcomes (August 9, Chicago IL)
- Cultural competence and cultural humility in the treatment of trauma (September 27, Arlington TX)
- Ethical and practical applications of Aikido principles to trauma treatment (November 8, Seattle WA)
- Cultural competence: It’s all about clinical awareness (December 6, Tukwila WA)
- Not the price of admission: Having healthy relationships for trauma survivors (February 8, Orlando FL)
- Liberatory counseling in challenging times: How can counseling centers show Institutional Courage (February 20, Evanston IL)
- Feminist and liberatory perspectives on psychotherapy supervision: Empowerment, not shame (February 25-March 5, Beersheva Israel)
- None at this time.
How to arrange a talk or workshop for your group
I am available to offer lectures and workshops to professional and general audiences. I am available to do readings from Your Turn for Care, as well as workshops for survivors dealing with concerns related to abusive elders, or readings and workshops from Not the price of admission: Healthy relationships after childhood trauma.
If you want to get a flavor of what I’m like as a presenter there are several free videos of me giving talks or workshops on the Recorded Media page. My usual fee for a workshop is 4000/day plus travel expenses. I generally need several months notice in order to schedule a workshop.
Most of the following workshops can be presented to accommodate time slots varying from 1 hour to 2 days. Feel free to contact me to discuss the needs and interests of your organization. I am always interested in working with your group to develop new presentation topics that are tailored to your group’s specific needs.
Topics on which I am currently available to offer workshops include:
- How survivors of difficult childhoods can have healthy relationships in their adult lives
- Coping with the aging and death of abusive elders in your family
- Self-care for adult survivor caregivers
- Therapist self-care as a path toward ethical practice
- Cultural competence in trauma treatment
- Assessment and treatment of trauma
- Trauma and memory
- Forensic issues for psychotherapists
- Integrating diversity into psychotherapy and assessment
- Developing multicultural competence
- Feminist therapy theory and practice
- Feminist and liberatory psychotherapy supervision
- Psychological assessment and diagnosis
- Vicarious traumatization
Recent talks, workshops and webinars
A complete list of my past workshop presentations can be found in my CV.
- Feminist perspectives on the treatment of trauma (April 13-14, Prague Czech Republic)
- The feminist therapy model of psychotherapy supervision (April 12, Prague Czech Republic)
- Helping trauma survivors to have the relationships they deserve (December 9, Burlingame CA)
- Liberatory Models of Psychotherapy Supervision (December 8, Burlingame CA)
- Increasing cultural humility as a path to competence (December 8, Burlingame CA)
- Culturally competent trauma practice (December 7, Burlingame CA)
- The feminist therapy model of psychotherapy supervision (June 27 Amsterdam The Netherlands)
- Feminist perspectives on the treatment of trauma (February 14, Beersheva Israel)
- Women, trauma and psychotherapy: New insights (February 13, Beersheva Israel)
- How can we engender healthy relationships for survivors of complex childhood trauma? (August 25, Bellevue WA)
- Implementing culturally competent strategies in clinical work with trauma survivors (September 2, Nashville TN)
- Cultural competence in the 21st Century (September 2, Nashville TN)
- Forensic practice with vulnerable populations: The victim-victimizer-victim cycle (August 7, Denver CO)
- Establishing a Clinical Practice in Trauma Psychology (August 5, Denver CO)
- Ethics and self-care: Challenges in treating trauma (August 5, Denver CO)
- Belief, patience, connection: Relationship above and beyond evidence in trauma treatment (August 4, Denver CO)
- How can I care for the person who harmed me? Abuse survivors as filial caregivers (August 4, Denver CO)
- The feminist therapy model of psychotherapy supervision (June 16, Dublin Republic of Ireland)
- Assessing trauma in the forensic context (April 30, Pasadena CA)
- Cultural competence in trauma treatment: Beyond symptoms to the context and the person (March 3-4, Sydney NSW Australia)
- A contextual approach to treating dissociation (August 8, Toronto ON)
- Your turn for care: Surviving the aging and death of perpetrators in your family (January 31, Orlando FL)
- No easy answers: Ethics and the emphasis on social justice in the practice of psychotherapy (January 15, Atlanta GA)
- What does egalitarian look like? Dynamics of empowerment in feminist practice (August 10, Washington DC)
- Forensic issues in trauma psychology (August 9, Washington DC)