The talks, workshops and webinars listed in this section include any live appearances that I have currently scheduled. Those that offer CE credit are also listed on the CE Workshops and Courses page to make them easy to identify.
Upcoming on-site talks and workshops
I am somewhat chemically sensitive and made cognitively impaired by scents, including natural scents. Please plan to attend any workshops with me free of scents such as perfume, lotions, and clothing recently washed in scented detergent or fabric softener.
None at this time
- Not the price of admission: Having healthy relationships for trauma survivors in the pandemic era (January 30, Zoom)
- Your turn for care: Surviving the aging and death of the adults who harmed you (January 30, Zoom)
- Soothing the traumatized heart: Music, the polyvagal model of trauma, and healing of complex trauma (February 12, Zoom)
How to arrange a talk or workshop for your group
I am available to offer lectures and workshops to professional and general audiences. I am available to do readings from Your Turn for Care, as well as workshops for survivors dealing with concerns related to abusive elders, or readings and workshops from Not the price of admission: Healthy relationships after childhood trauma.
If you want to get a flavor of what I’m like as a presenter there are several free videos of me giving talks or workshops on the Recorded Media page. My usual fee for a workshop is 4000/day plus travel expenses. I generally need several months notice in order to schedule a workshop.
Most of the following workshops can be presented to accommodate time slots varying from 1 hour to 2 days. Feel free to contact me to discuss the needs and interests of your organization. I am always interested in working with your group to develop new presentation topics that are tailored to your group’s specific needs.
Topics on which I am currently available to offer workshops include:
- How survivors of difficult childhoods can have healthy relationships in their adult lives
- Coping with the aging and death of abusive elders in your family
- Self-care for adult survivor caregivers
- Therapist self-care as a path toward ethical practice
- Cultural competence in trauma treatment
- Assessment and treatment of trauma
- Trauma and memory
- Forensic issues for psychotherapists
- Integrating diversity into psychotherapy and assessment
- Developing multicultural competence
- Feminist therapy theory and practice
- Feminist and liberatory psychotherapy supervision
- Psychological assessment and diagnosis
- Vicarious traumatization
Recent talks, workshops and webinars
A complete list of my past workshop presentations can be found in my CV.
- Feminist perspectives on trauma treatment (March 8, Ramat Gan Israel)
- Insights and innovative feminist models and techniques for working with complex PTSD (March 6, Tel Aviv Israel)
- Feminist and liberatory perspectives on psychotherapy supervision: Empowerment, not shame (February 25-March 5, Beersheva Israel)
- Liberatory counseling in challenging times: How can counseling centers show Institutional Courage (February 20, Evanston IL)
- Not the price of admission: Having healthy relationships for trauma survivors (February 8, Orlando FL)
- Cultural competence: It’s all about clinical awareness (December 6, Tukwila WA)
- Ethical and practical applications of Aikido principles to trauma treatment (November 8, Seattle WA)
- Cultural competence and cultural humility in the treatment of trauma (September 27, Arlington TX)
- Blending science and art in trauma therapy outcomes (August 9, Chicago IL)
- Contextual trauma therapy for clients with complex trauma: Skill-building using a video recording (August 8, Chicago IL)
- Feminist perspectives on the treatment of trauma (April 13-14, Prague Czech Republic)
- The feminist therapy model of psychotherapy supervision (April 12, Prague Czech Republic)
- Helping trauma survivors to have the relationships they deserve (December 9, Burlingame CA)
- Liberatory Models of Psychotherapy Supervision (December 8, Burlingame CA)
- Increasing cultural humility as a path to competence (December 8, Burlingame CA)
- Culturally competent trauma practice (December 7, Burlingame CA)
- The feminist therapy model of psychotherapy supervision (June 27 Amsterdam The Netherlands)