The talks, workshops and webinars listed in this section include any live appearances that I have currently scheduled. Those that offer CE credit are also listed on the CE Workshops and Courses page to make them easy to identify.
Upcoming on-site talks and workshops
I am somewhat chemically sensitive and made cognitively impaired by scents, including natural scents. Please plan to attend any workshops with me free of scents such as perfume, lotions, and clothing recently washed in scented detergent or fabric softener.
- Feminist Therapy With Complex Trauma: Accompanying a Survivor on Her Hobbit Journey (August 6, Toronto ON)
- A Contextual Approach to Treating Dissociation (August 8, Toronto ON)
- None at this time.
How to arrange a talk or workshop for your group
I am available to offer lectures and workshops to professional and general audiences. I am also available to do readings from Your Turn for Care, as well as workshops for survivors dealing with concerns related to abusive elders.
If you want to get a flavor of what I’m like as a presenter there are several free videos of me giving talks or workshops on the Recorded Media page. My usual fee for a workshop is 3000/day plus travel expenses. I generally need several months notice in order to schedule a workshop.
Most of the following workshops can be presented to accommodate time slots varying from 1 hour to 2 days. Feel free to contact me to discuss the needs and interests of your organization. I am always interested in working with your group to develop new presentation topics that are tailored to your group’s specific needs.
Topics on which I am currently available to offer workshops include:
- Coping with the aging and death of abusive elders in your family
- Self-care for adult survivor caregivers
- Therapist self-care as a path toward ethical practice
- Cultural competence in trauma treatment
- Assessment and treatment of trauma
- Trauma and memory
- Forensic issues for psychotherapists
- Integrating diversity into psychotherapy and assessment
- Developing multicultural competence
- Feminist therapy theory and practice
- Psychological assessment and diagnosis
- Vicarious traumatization
Recent talks, workshops and webinars
A complete list of my past workshop presentations can be found in my CV.
- Your turn for care: Surviving the aging and death of perpetrators in your family (January 31, Orlando FL)
- No easy answers: Ethics and the emphasis on social justice in the practice of psychotherapy (January 15, Atlanta GA)
- Your turn for care: Surviving the aging and death of perpetrators in your family (October 5, Seattle WA)
- What does egalitarian look like? Dynamics of empowerment in feminist practice (August 10, Washington DC)
- Forensic issues in trauma psychology (August 9, Washington DC)
- On not quitting my day job: How being a therapist heals me (August 9, Washington DC)
- Dear sister/friend: Working with intimate female friendships in psychotherapy (August 8, Washington DC)
- Empowerment as an ingredient of effective psychotherapy (August 7, Washington DC)
- Eek, there’s dissociation in my office!: The art of mentoring therapists in working with dissociation (November 17, Baltimore MD)
- Your turn for care: Assisting clients with the aging and death of perpetrators (November 16, Baltimore MD)
- Self-care as a path to ethical behavior (November 15, Baltimore MD)
- Feminist therapy: What empowerment looks like (August 4, Honolulu HI)
- Breathing in power: Bringing the body back in feminist practice (August 3, Honolulu HI)
- Establishing a forensic trauma practice (August 2, Honolulu HI)
- Cultural competence in trauma treatment (April 19, Oakland CA)
- Cultural competence in trauma therapy (March 1, New York NY)
- Recovered memory revisited (October 20, Nashville TN)
- Diversity training (October 5, Washington DC)
- Vicarious traumatization and self-care (September 21, Steilacoom WA)
- Seasoned psychotherapy supervisors’ visions of supervision: Abiding convictions about supervisory process and practice (August 5, Orlando FL)
- Ethical and scientific issues in forensic assessment of alleged trauma (August 4, Orlando FL)
- Gender as a factor in cultural competence (August 4, Orlando FL)
- Cultural competence and forensic issues in working with adult trauma survivors (August 2, Orlando FL)
- Cultural competence in trauma therapy (July 13, Seattle WA)
- Cultural competency in treating trauma (June 3, Toronto ON)
- Cultural competence as the integrating variable: Training the next generation of therapists (May 19, Evanston IL)
- Ethical and cultural competence in work with trauma survivors (April 16, Pullman WA)
- Swimming in murky ethical waters: Self-care and social justices as guides to safer shores (April 13, Atlanta GA)
- Ethical and cultural competence in work with trauma survivors (February 3, Denton TX)